The Purpose, the Journey, and the Fun along the way

Here we are, two moms who love our cameras and miss our college art classes and colleagues. With a family it can be difficult to find time for the creative process. Emily and I are using this blog as a way to have fun, work on our photography, keep each other accountable, and be creative!

Each Monday one of us will post a challenge for us both to complete and post a response to by Friday that week. Over the weekend, if time permits each of us will also critique the other's work.

We hope to use this blog as a way to grow together as photographers as we continue to grow as mothers.

If you happen to stumble upon our blog, and want to join in, feel free! Just post your response, with a link to your photos in the MckLinky link for that week. Challenges stay open for three weeks after they are posted.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Photo Challenge #2

Hello, All!!
Thanks for the great entries last week- it was really awesome to see how everyone's self portraits were so different!
This week we'll do something very similar to what Monet would practice with his paintings:
Pick an outdoor area with an architectural element and take 3 pictures of that spot from the same angle- all at different times of day/different weather conditions. At least one of these shots should be a night time/long exposure shot. These can be either b/w or color. As before, no tweeking the photos in an editing program.
Have fun!
Feel free to post questions / suggestions about camera settings- we're in this to learn more about the art and science of photography!

Looking forward to seeing the posts on Friday :)
~Em

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm a bit early but Friday's looking to be rather busy so I might as well add mine now.

    Morning/cloudy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ms-bexy/3237428032/

    Lunchtime/sunny interval: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ms-bexy/3236587867/in/photostream/

    Evening: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ms-bexy/3237432786/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, this is my first post for the weekly challenge. My name is Erin Jo Chung. I know some of you already but not all. Thanks for letting me partake. I am a amateur and do not use a proper camera, please keep this in mind. The night long exposure shot was a challenge for me. I was not able to change the amount of light coming into the camera and this caused some problems. So I do not think that any of them were really successful, but I did try to make it work. I also used what manual functions I do have for the other shots. I am using kodak gallery to post my entries. The first three pictures are my offical entries I chose for the challenge. I have included my own captions on these three. Please feel free to comment as much as you would like, though you may be required to sign in to do this. Thanks, again and hope you enjoy.

    http://www.kodakgallery.com/ViewSlideshow.action?&collidparam=5761856903.482046098603.1233350362390

    ReplyDelete