The Purpose, the Journey, and the Fun along the way

Here we are, two moms who love our cameras and miss our college art classes and colleagues. With a family it can be difficult to find time for the creative process. Emily and I are using this blog as a way to have fun, work on our photography, keep each other accountable, and be creative!

Each Monday one of us will post a challenge for us both to complete and post a response to by Friday that week. Over the weekend, if time permits each of us will also critique the other's work.

We hope to use this blog as a way to grow together as photographers as we continue to grow as mothers.

If you happen to stumble upon our blog, and want to join in, feel free! Just post your response, with a link to your photos in the MckLinky link for that week. Challenges stay open for three weeks after they are posted.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Challenge #39

Hey everyone! So sorry for the delay. I don't know where the week went!

This week I thought I'd do a bit of a technical challenge to see how well we know our cameras, and what we can learn from doing something a little bit different.

The Challenge:

Shooting Blind

The subject matter is completely up to you, but you are only allowed 10 shots. For 5 of those shots you can look through your view finder. For the other 5 resist the urge and shoot them without the use of your viewfinder or screen. Sometimes when a photographer is working a unique location it can be hard to get the shot you want because you're eyeball can't go where the camera can. This is an exercise to help you learn how the camera can be an extension of your eyes.

Submit your favorite photo from each set of 5.

Have fun!

Diana

(MckLinky will be up for two weeks for this one.)


1 comment:

  1. I'll get around to shooting something, but I have to say that I needed to do this very thing this last week! I was on a field trip with my students and we were in a very tiny teepee. I was unable to move around the teepee and needed to frame up my shot blindly. I'm not posting those pics because they are my students and I don't think parents would approve, but it made me aware of what a great skill this is. I can't wait to do it!

    ReplyDelete